Mount Masami
Masami isn't currently up right now, we've been trying to get things running for a few years, but something always comes up. However, recently, we decided to get the team back together and get this puppy going. Currently, we're adding some new ideas in and reintroducing old ones. We should be up and running within a few weeks. If you're interested, feel free to roam Masami while we get things set up, or maybe you could even join and give us some feedback on what you'd like to see. Thank you so much for your patients and we're very very sorry!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Mount Masami
Masami isn't currently up right now, we've been trying to get things running for a few years, but something always comes up. However, recently, we decided to get the team back together and get this puppy going. Currently, we're adding some new ideas in and reintroducing old ones. We should be up and running within a few weeks. If you're interested, feel free to roam Masami while we get things set up, or maybe you could even join and give us some feedback on what you'd like to see. Thank you so much for your patients and we're very very sorry!
Mount Masami
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leszek - White Nova

2 posters

Go down

Leszek - White Nova Empty Leszek - White Nova

Post  Lon'qu Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:01 am

Name: Lezek
Ethnicity: Polish
Height: 6'3
Weight: 132 lbs.
Hair: White
Eyes: Pale Red

Description:
Leszek is a tall albino man from northern Poland. His eyes seem always glazed over in a pale red color, and his long tousled snowy white hair flows in the wind like streamers. He speaks in broken English when he speaks, and has an incredible sense of hearing and smell. Well under normal circumstances his gifted senses would seem super human, they are due to the fact that he is completely blind. This is what caused Leszek to be enslaved as a child, as no one would want him for his freakish ways. He often looks as though he is just staring at nothing to those who don't know him, because of his blindness. Those who get to know him, though, find that he's a strong, hard working person, and has a very kind and compassionate attitude, though he is extremely sensative to those who make fun of him in any way. Even his slave master treats him well, giving him frequent breaks and rewards for his work. Leszek never puts down his scythe except to eat and sleep, in which case he carries it on his back. He is extremely reliant on other people as well, though, to show him where everything is for the first few times he gets around there. While many try to take advantage of him due to his blindness, he is too strong-willed for most, which helps him through life.

Origin:
Leszek was born to a poor mother and father in northern Poland, both of which had been waiting for a strong son to carry them out of poverty. However, when the wife had given birth to a pale, red eyed baby, they were appalled. How could they, two perfectly normal hard working people be cursed with this monstrosity? The parents reluctantly raised the boy, beating him mercilessly until he lost the use of his eyes around the age of 10. At this point, the parents were through with the disgrace of a son. They sold him to a band of passing gypsies, who trained him to farm without the use of his eyes. The gypsies were much more tolerant towards him than his parents were, and Leszek was equally kinder to them. They only whipped him when he truly got out of hand, and that was rarely ever. Unknown years passed, and Leszek had transformed from the 10 year old he was to a strong adult. Leszek is constantly visited by nightmares of his parents.

Stats:
Level 1
XP to next level: 0/5

HP: 6 [30] [+1]
MP: 6 [30] [+1]
ATK: 5
DEF: 3
INT: 7 [+2]
SPR: 4 [+1]

Starting Gear:
Weapon: Old Scythe - Leszek's treasured Scythe he has had since he was 10. He is unaware of its old, decrepit state. [+1 ATK]
Armor: Slave's Garments - One pair of Leszek's clothes as a slave. He obviously is unaware of its degrading, tattered nature. [+1 DEF]
Accesory: Gypsy Charm - An old charm that was given to Leszek when he was first purchased. He is unaware of the beauty and loveliness of the jaded charm. [+1 SPR]

Power:
Piercing Strike. You expertly stab towards the opponent with your weapon, stabbing them nice and cleanly so they won't forget. 120% ATK Damage. 8 MP
Power:
Chill. You focus and a cool chill stirs in your presence, which you use to launch several ice crystals at the opponent. 120% INT Damage, Chance to Freeze. 10 MP

Basic Attack: ATK

Sample RP:
It was a cold misty morning in the mountains of Siberia, but then again, when wasn't it like that? In a small tent amongst many in a gypsy camp, an albino man lifted his head from the sleeping roll and opened and rubbed his eyes. He knew the point was moot, being blind and all, but he still did it to have the illusion of normalcy in his life. He shirked off the bedroll and felt around for his clothes, which were little more than a potato sack with holes, but he didn't know that. He grabbed his scythe from the mini table he had set up and placed it on his back, then grabbed around for his charm, which he quickly fastened around his neck.

Standing up, the man, Leszek, found his way to the door using a walking stick he had and left to join the others. He was very quickly able to pinpoint where the others were because of his crystal hearing, but he took care not to trip on any rocks. Leszek met with the others, running his fingers through his long, white hair and awaited instruction. The slave master, Torra, began instructing them.

Alright, servants. Today, we will be collecting rocks and ice from these mountains to sell at distant cities. We must take care while working, he nodded towards Leszek, even though he knew he could not see him, Especially you, Leszek. You're too valuable to lose. Torra handed each one of them a standard iron-headed pickaxe. Leszek took his and quickly judged its weight and shape, figuring out near immediately how to effectively use it.

The slaves dispersed and Leszek wandered off towards a sizable mound. For several hours Leszek chipped away at the rock and placed it in a burlap sack, working more effeciantly than any of the other slaves who had the use of their eyes. Leszek was a legend among the other slaves, and respected by all. No one had the drive and skill he had, and nobody disliked him, other than the occasional bad slave, who were quickly disposed of.

However, there was a new slave in the group, a bad tempered judgmental German who had been captured after he had stolen from the gypsies. During this particular chore he walked cockily over to Leszek and assaulted him with insults. Hey, snow face. he said with a sneer on his face. Leszek would normally not stand for this, but he was in the middle of a job, and not to be disturbed. The German man did not accept being ignored.

Hey, freak! Vhy don't you turn around and talk to me like a man? Are you dumb as vell, or just scared? Still not getting a response, the newcomer jabbed Leszek in the back with the shaft of his pick. This caused Leszek to stumble forward and lose his temper finally. He swing around, his pale face now as red as his eyes with pure unbridled rage, and he hurled his pickaxe away. He grabbed the man by the scruff of his shirt when the discared tool struck a large supporting rock, causing it to grind away from its spot. Everyone turned to the sound of falling rocks, including Lezek, who had now let go of the German.

Everyone had fled already, leaving Leszek standing alone. He felt the trembling of the rocks as they avalanched towards him, and he quickly turned and started to run. However, for the first time since he was ten, his blindness caught up with him. He tripped over a rock, flying towards the ground. He was quick enough to land on his back, but he knew it didn't matter anymore. Boulders and ice descended on him, and for a split second he could almost see the cloud of white falling. All at once, there was silence to him.

A few hours later, Leszek woke up to the unfamiliar overwhelming fragrance of flowers, dew and moss. Leszek attempted to stand up, but immediately smashed his head on a rocky cave ceiling. The tall man quickly recoiled and winced in pain, feeling the trickle of warm blood from his scalp flow over his fingers. He realized he was trapped and lost, with no clue where to go. He did the only thing he could. He opened his mouth and shouted Help!

Last edited by Leszek on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Lon'qu
Lon'qu
Admin / White Nova
Admin / White Nova

Back to top Go down

Leszek - White Nova Empty Re: Leszek - White Nova

Post  Krypt Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:09 pm

Paragraph Count: 5

Krypt shoved aside yet another frond that stood in his way. He'd been following Tagg for the better part of the last week with nothing to show for it, and he was beginning to get a bit angry at that fact.
"Face it we're lost and it's all your fault. You have no idea where these other people are," the teen accused. He ducked as a branch that the otter had shoved aside whipped back towards him.

"We ain' los'. Not yet anyhows," the otter swallowed nervously. The two of them continued in uncomfortable silence through the thick foliage. Krypt fumed. He should have known better than to trust that the otter knew what he was talking about, but now that they were entrenched in the forest to leave his airborne ally would be suicide.

"Well maybe, if you had any sense of directio..." Krypt trailed off his dark mutterings as the pair of them emerged into a semi-clearing. In the center was a mound of moss covered rock that seemed really out of place in the loamy earth.

"That weren' 'ere las' time I was," Tagg muttered. Krypt opened his mouth to respond when a muffled noise echoed through the clearing.

"Help!" it yelled. Krypt dropped into a crouch and brought out his knife instinctively. Tagg's first reaction on the other hand was to fly to the center of the clearing and angle his ears for any farther sound. After a tense moment the otter spoke,

"I'm a-thinkin' it came from in thar," the otter pointed at the mound of rock. Krypt gave him a long, judging look and turned his attention to the rock. Without discussion the two of them leaned into the mound and started to push.
Krypt
Krypt
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lon'qu Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:59 pm

Leszek was starting to find breathing difficult as he clammered against the cold slabs of stone. Suddenly, the pressure in his chest lifted and he sat up to the increasingly loud talking of two male voices, neither of which sounded familiar. He gripped his chest as he coughed up dust, which irritated his eyes, not that it mattered. He walked towards one of the voices and put his hand out, offering it to whomever would have it. Hello, I am Leszek of Poland. You are? The air felt different to him, and the smells didn't help. Also, where am I? He awaited for an answer from either of the odd dialected people, who he realized spoke brilliant English.

Last edited by Leszek on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lon'qu
Lon'qu
Admin / White Nova
Admin / White Nova

Back to top Go down

Post  Krypt Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:28 pm

Paragraph Count = 5

As the mound of rocks gave way, Krypt and Tagg jumped back to avoid whatever had been inside. They saw a shock of white against the dust and waited while it cleared.
"If you get us killed by helping whatever was inside there..." Krypt left the threat hanging in the air as the figure stood. Krypt felt a sudden rush of elation and trepidation as he realized it was human, or at least, he thought it was human. He'd heard of albinos, but never actually been close enough to one to verify their existence.

"Tha's anoth'r human!" Tagg exclaimed. The curios otter flew closer in excitement as the dust finally cleared around the figure. Krypt's eyes widened in alarm as the white haired, red eyed, figure turned towards him wielding a large, menacing scythe. He also noticed the uncertainty with which the figure placed his feet and peered closer at the stranger's eyes. They were the typical albino red, but they were also pale, and Krypt felt he could detect a milky quality about them.

"Tagg," he addressed the otter slowly, "Get away from him, now." Tagg seemed to have other plans. To Krypt's dismay the otter accepted the proffered hand that the stranger produced as he introduced himself. Krypt stood awkwardly holding the knife as Tagg chatted to the stranger. Krypt made his way closer to the conversation to make out what secrets the otter might be spilling, keeping his knife at the ready and his attention on the scythe.

"So's 'ere I am leadin' me pigs through the deser' when out 'o' nowhere I sees this human nex' ta my normal oasis. So I says to myself, 'Tagg' I says 'He ain't doin' no 'arm, an' long as he don' do no 'arm while yur 'ere ain' no reason ta chase 'im off.' An' look where it got me. Now we're 'ere a-savin' youse and he's righ' happy ta be talking ta another human after so lon' with little ol' me fer company. I guess we did meet up wit Norm earlier, but he don' coun' really. By the way. What's a 'poland'?"

Krypt could take the otter's prattling no longer, "It's a country you idiot. Now why don't you shut up before you tell him about what your dinner plans are for next Saturday!"

Tagg's face gave no sign that he was being anything other than sincere with his next response, "What's a 'saturday'?" Krypt threw up his hands and stormed away to lean moodily against a tree. Tagg leaned in to whisper into the stranger's ear, not realizing that the eyes couldn't see as he pointed to Krypt's figure. "Don' mind 'im. He's jus' not used ta new people is all. I don' think he had much goin' fer him back wherever youse two an' the other humans came from. He softens up af'er awhile," the otter assured his new friend. Tagg looked expectantly at Leszek, wanting to hear the newcomer's response to the situation.
Krypt
Krypt
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lon'qu Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:13 pm

Leszek heard the two voices bicker slightly before one walked away from himself and the other rescuer. The one near him spoke in a very American accent, which was strange to the Polish man. The stranger met Leszek's hand with his own small furry hand and shook it whilst greeting him. Leszek was distracted by his new environment while his new friend was talking. Suddenly, several thoughts hit Leszek at once. One, he was shaking a furry hand, or paw, was more likely. Second, he addressed him as another human. Why should that be surprising? And pigs? He was some sort of farmer who was unaware of Poland or saturday. Excuse me, but I find this all curious. Who are you, and why should I be surprised about being a human. And where am I? the albino spoke with his own thick accent.

He stepped forward as he spoke, and all at once smashed his bare foot on a stone, sending him tumbling to the ground. He scraped against pebbles and dirt and felt some warm blood flow from his arm. He instinctively grabbed his arm with his other hand to apply pressure, which knocked him over even farther onto the ground. He needed a wal;king stick of some sort. Can please get me up? And if you can find me stick, I would be most grateful. He grabbed for his scythe and found it, using it to prop himself up to get the blood out of his head.

Last edited by Leszek on Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Lon'qu
Lon'qu
Admin / White Nova
Admin / White Nova

Back to top Go down

Post  Krypt Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:42 pm

Paragraph Count = 6

Tagg blinked in surprise at the ablino's question. The otter still hadn't grasped the thought that his new friend was blind.
"Can' ya see fer yerself? Youse twos are the only humans I've seen in my ent're life," The stranger took a step and fell, finally cluing the otter in to the fact that there was something wrong. "Krypt!" the otter called in a panic, "Whadda we do?"

Krypt returned his knife to it's pouch in his belt. Unless the newcomer was a really good actor, there wasn't much to fear from the giant scythe. At least, not yet. The teen strode cautiously closer to where the albino was kneeling and squatted down next to him. Krypt cast a critical eye around the clearing, "Tagg see that big, dark rust brown tree over there? Grab a few full leaves off of it." Krypt pointed to the tree in question. Tagg nodded and rushed off to extract the leaves.

"You aren't going to last a day out here in your condition. And knowing that motormouth I won't get anywhere until you're situated, so I might as well give you the tour. Welcome to a place called Masami. Humans don't live here normally, but for no real reason, some of us have wound up here through random ways. I looked at a weird piece of wood. Stuff like that. Anyhow, I don't know how to get back. I've been wandering in this forest for awhile now trying to find a group of humans that a resident of the area named 'Norm' was leading us to. We got separated. Now I'm lost and runnin' my own mouth. Questions class?"

Before the albino could respond, a high-pitched whistling signaled Tagg's incoming airstrike. The otter tore past the pair of them and was forced to loop around a good number of trees before slowing down enough to come to a panting halt. Without a word, Tagg handed Krypt a bundle of large leaves. The teen turned them over in his experienced hands and failed to detect anything other than the softness that he'd guessed was there. "Now hold still. If you make this hard then it's not worth it," Krypt informed the albino matter-of-factly before he took the leaves and began cleaning the newcomer's wounds.

A moment later, after sending Tagg out to refill his water canteen a few times, Krypt sat back on his haunches and gazed at his handiwork. The green bandage wasn't a full-proof plan, but it should hold until either the bleeding stopped or the three of them met up with someone that had actual medical supplies. Krypt had managed to clean most the the albino off, but had made sure to be extra gentle around the eyes.
"There. Now the choice is yours to make. I don't get a choice because this furball, Krypt instinctively jabbed his thumb behind him at Tagg, forgetting for the moment that the motion was lost on his blind charge, "Won't let me leave his new buddy behind. But if you don't want help then I'm not going to risk my neck. This is a dangerous place.

Krypt paused to catch his breath and the entire forest seemed to quiet to hear the teen swallow his pride, though that might have been his imagination due to the coming lateness of the day. "So are you coming or not?" Krypt muttered. He held his breath, waiting for a response.
Krypt
Krypt
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lon'qu Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:28 pm

Leszek knew not what was happening, but he felt and heard footsteps approaching him. He tensed up slightly as the person approached him. However, the friendly attitude of his friend gave him confidence. Whatever would happen, Leszek could take care of himself if things went wrong. He flinched at the first sting of pain, but it was from the shock. It didn't actually hurt, and leaves were a fair substitute for cloth gauze. He stood up and dusted himself off. He thought out loud, How curious, and similar to gypsy tale passed down of a girl named Alyss who was lost. The tall man turned towards the presence with him. I will indeed join you for a small while. I apologize the lack of use of my eyes, and I hope it is not problem.

As the three walked along, Leszek gave him his story, putting a loathing emphasis when talking about the German who started this all. He took special care while walking, using a lengthy sturdy stick to guide him around, never putting his scythe down, just to be cautious. I was mining, when this damned German came around and- Leszek paused midsentence and lifted his scythe up in front of him. He didn't know about his companions, but he distinctly heard a faint rustling from the underbrush, something like a wild animal foraging for food.

Leszek didn't know what to do, being blind, so he ceased movement, but raised his hand to signal for them to stop walking. In the faintest of whispers, he called to them Comrades, please tread lightly from here. I am afraid that it would be dangerous for me to continue walking; I could compromise our position. I thank you for helping me, but from this point I will just slow you down. Leszek waited, listening to the silence, until he heard a twig snap.

---

OOC: Sorry, Cyan is just too difficult to read, so I switched.
Lon'qu
Lon'qu
Admin / White Nova
Admin / White Nova

Back to top Go down

Post  Krypt Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:08 am

Paragraph Count = 6

Krypt followed next to their blind companion while Tagg fluttered a bit ahead of them. The party wandered in a random direction and Krypt noticed the trees starting to wither gradually. Soon, the cheery pink leaves were gone, replaced by bare, bone-like branches that reached to claw his ears and face in the gathering darkness. Leszek, for that was the albino's name, told them his story. They traveled in silence for a good while until Leszek stopped abruptly.
"Comrades, please tread lightly from here. I am afraid that it would be dangerous for me to continue walking; I could compromise our position. I thank you for helping me, but from this point I will just slow you down."

Krypt paused and looked back at Leszek. The albino was tilting his head to one side as though he were listening for something. Krypt narrowed his eyes, he wasn't about to let anything potentially dangerous follow behind him. He waggled his finger at Tagg, who floated closer. Acting quickly, Krypt snatched the otter out of the air and held his mouth and eyes shut. Tagg struggled with muffled noises for a moment until he suddenly gave a jerk and Krypt felt the otter's head twitch to one side. The teen released the otter, warning him to keep quiet.

With the stealth of life as a professional burglar behind him, Krypt crept forward toward where Tagg's head had jerked. He peered through the foliage and witnessed a medium sized creature hunkered down in the undergrowth. Krypt was about to turn away and inform the others that it was a harmless animal, when the smell hit him. He knew that smell. It was the scent of death and decay. Then Krypt glimpsed a glint of saliva covered teeth in the rising moonlight. The teen began to back up slowly and quietly.

That's when he stepped on the stick. Years of being careful had apparently deserted him when he arrived in this accursed place. He saw the creature as it's sick, diseased eyes whipped around and glared at him with piercing confused hunger.
"Of course," was all Krypt managed to grumble before the beast lunged at him. As it left the forest Krypt immediately thought he had provoked a lion, only to be proved wrong as he saw Tagg rise in excitement.

"Well ain' this just the rares' thin' yur evar gonna see! Tha' there's a chimera!" the otter exclaimed. Krypt was too busy not being under it to really care what it was. The name struck home, and he realized he'd heard it in movies that he'd snuck into. Again he saw a flash of the gleaming off-white teeth. It was only then that he realized how thin the creature was. Krypt risked a second to glance back into the undergrowth and certainly enough he noticed the long-dead corpse of some sort of bird. As the beast leaped again Krypt barrel-rolled away and extracted his knife at the same time.

He didn't expect the knife to do anything, but as the chimera landed Krypt noticed that the frothing animal was only focused on him. And that the creature was withing reaching distance of Leszek's scythe.
"Leszek!" Krypt shouted, "Swing your scythe down as hard as you can forward and to your left! Trust me!" Krypt picked up a rock and hurled it at the beast, hoping to keep it distracted while the audio he'd just thrown out reached into the albino's ears.
Krypt
Krypt
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  Lon'qu Tue May 08, 2012 4:54 pm

Leszek had frozen completely, and he heard his new friend from behind him investigate through the bushes. It wasn't long before the two had it figured, as evident by the Southerner's exclamation and the other's strict scolding. He heard something burst from the clearing and scuffling happening. Leszek, however, was occupied, thinking about where he had heard of this 'chimaera' creature before, when someone shouted out towards him. Swing your scythe down as hard as you can forward and to your left! Trust me! Leszek was no stanger to accepting instructions, and he did as asked, only to feel the blade of his scythe rip into flesh and stick in something. This... something was most likey the chimaera, and began writhing on the end of the scythe.

If there was something that Leszek was better at than working, it was fighting. Leszek adjusted his feet to stabilize his hold on the creature. He didn't know what to do with it, so he rotated himself so the scythe served as a lever between him and the creature, with his shoulder as a pivot. He pushed down with all his might, and felt the creature lift slowly off the ground. He swung the handle off his shoulder and flung the creature into a nearby tree. However, the scythe also stuck to the tree, thus leaving Leszek unarmed against any attack, though the chimaera was now attached to the tree. Was that good, yes? he called over to his allies.

He was beginning to relax a bit, when a burst of searing hot fire knocked him to the ground. Leszek doubled over as he clutched his face in pain. He was not used to fire, and he now regretted relaxing even slightly. He screamed mercilessly as he rubbed dirt on his wounds to try and stop infections. Damn it! Get him, kill him, kill him! he demanded.
Lon'qu
Lon'qu
Admin / White Nova
Admin / White Nova

Back to top Go down

Post  Krypt Tue May 08, 2012 5:19 pm

Paragraph Count = 4

Krypt watched in surprise as the Polish man hefted the chimera into a nearby tree. The teen made a mental note to retract his earlier assessment lack of danger from the blind scythe-wielder.
"Was that good, yes?" the albino asked, searching for praise. Krypt nodded his head in force of habit. He was jerked out of his stupor by the roar of the chimera, which although pinned to the tree, was still very much alive and very angry. Without warning he felt weathered paws and a good bit of weight descend upon his shoulders. The unexpected pressure forced him to the ground, and he saw Tagg's fearful face pinning him there as a column of fire erupted above their heads.

It was then that Krypt made out the screams of the Pole as the fire died down.
"Get off me!" he insisted as he shoved the otter away. The teen rolled over and saw the the burning embers embedded in Leszek's face as he rubbed dirt on it. Krypt couldn't make out what the other human was screaming over the roars of the chimera, but it wasn't hard to guess. As Krypt watched, the monster wrenched itself free of the scythe and began stalking towards Leszek. "Tagg! Water on the other human. NOW!" The teen tossed his canteen to the otter, who fumbled it for a moment before grasping it and zooming towards Leszek.

Tagg reached the screaming human and emptied the contents of the canteen onto his head, extinguishing the rest of the fire. Krypt had just enough time to register this before he slipped his knife back into his belt and his twine out in the same motion.
"HEY FUR-FACE!" he called out to the chimera.

Tagg looked up from his position over the Pole,
"Wha'?"

"Not you moron!" Krypt scolded. He scooped up another rock and again threw it at the monster. It turned and Krypt made a beeline for the trees, the chimera following him. "Come on, just like Florida," he told himself. He reached the treeline and ran a few steps up a thick tree trunk before leaping up and over the chimera, landing on it's back. He wrapped the twine around the beat's neck and pulled with all his might. That was when he remembered the other two heads.
Krypt
Krypt
Wanderer
Wanderer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down